How to Use the SiteLock Trust Seal
If you have questions regarding the SiteLock Dashboard or website, please check our Introduction to SiteLock article.
What is the SiteLock Trust Seal
The SiteLock Trust Seal is a badge displayed on your website to ensure customers feel safe visiting and entering their information on your site. It demonstrates that your site was recently scanned for malware and was clean.
If a scan fails, website visitors will not be alerted to any problem. However, SiteLock will send an email alert to the website owner to let them know an issue was detected to be addressed and resolved quickly. The SiteLock Trust Seal will display the last good website scan date for 72 hours.
SiteLock is available 24/7 to assist with infections detected by the malware scanner to ensure an expedited resolution. For more information on the type of assistance available, please check out the following article:
If the infection remains after 72 hours, the Trust Seal will be removed. Trust Seal can be re-installed onto the website after the infection has been addressed and a successful scan is completed.
How to install the SiteLock Trust Seal
Please click the links below for the complete set of instructions.
- Step 1: Navigate to your SiteLock Dashboard
- Step 2: Customize your Trust Seal
- Step 3: Install your SiteLock Trust Seal
Step 1: Navigate to your SiteLock Dashboard
To navigate to your SiteLock Dashboard:
- Log in to your Customer Portal.
- Click the Hosting tab.
- Click Manage under the hosting package where SiteLock was purchased.
- Click the Manage button on the SiteLock Security tile.
- Locate the domain where you wish to manage your SiteLock setup. Click the shield icon underneath its Settings.
Step 2: Customize your Trust Seal
- Click the shield button located at the top of your SiteLock dashboard.
- On the next page, complete the 3 steps.
Once done with each step, click the Next button to continue to the next one.
- Choose your preferred language. Select the language you want the Trust Seal to display by using the dropdown box. Once done, click the Next button to continue.
- Choose your preferred color, size, and style. Here you can customize the size, color, and style of the Trust Seal. All options you select will update the example Trust Seal on the right. Once done, click the Next button to continue.
Note: Please note that the Trust Seal cannot be customized further than the options provided. We will not accommodate any customization requests.
- Color - You can select from red or white. This will change the color of the small bottom portion of the Trust Seal that says Passed.
- Size - You can select from small, medium, and big. This will change the size of the whole Trust Seal.
- Style - You can select from Secure or Malware Free. This will make the Trust Seal say either Secure or Malware Free. You must have a premium or higher scanner to display Secure. Otherwise, it will always say Malware Free.
Step 3: Install your SiteLock Trust Seal
Once you reach this step, you will select to install the Trust Seal manually, where you will be provided with the code to insert into your website.
- Please copy the code provided in the text box and insert it into your website.
We recommend enabling you if you do not use the SiteLock TrueShield Firewall. The following instructions will assist with turning it on, which will allow you to use the instructions above:
- Once the code is already inserted into your website, click the Save Configuration Settings button. Please allow up to 24 hours for your Trust Seal to come online and appear on your website.
If the Trust Seal does not appear after the configuration above, please refer to the Trust Seal FAQs below for more details.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why did my Trust Seal suddenly disappear?
Here are the possible reasons:
- The site has been infected for 72 hours with malware or vulnerabilities. At this point, you do not need to make any changes to your Trust Seal code. The Trust Seal will re-appear after you have resolved these malware issues.
- You may have made a change to your site that replaced the code.
Why is my website's URL or name not showing in the Trust Seal?
Your domain name might be too long to fit the name/URL text box. Instead, try using a larger Trust Seal in the settings.
I've selected my preferred size/color/style after installation. However, I don't see the changes taking effect. What happened?
Try clearing your browser's cache and cookies.
Can SiteLock customize my Trust Seal further other than the preset options?
The Trust Seal cannot be customized further than the preset option. Also, we do not accommodate any customization requests.
Why does my site says "Malware Free" Though I've Chosen "Secure" as my style?
You must have a Premium or higher scanner to display Secure.
Do I need to have a Firewall to use the Trust Seal?
No. The Trust Seal pulls data from the scanners. Therefore, it doesn't require a firewall.
Why Is my Trust Seal displaying an older date?
The Trust Seal displays the last scan date that came back clean. Please check your scan frequency settings if it is showing an older date.