How to Use the SiteLock Trust Seal
This article is intended for customers who already have a SiteLock account. If you still don't have SiteLock, use the following link to learn how to signup so you can enjoy the benefits:
If you have questions regarding the SiteLock Dashboard or website, please check out our Introduction to SiteLock article.
What is the SiteLock Trust Seal
The SiteLock Trust Seal is a badge displayed on your website to ensure customers feel safe visiting and entering their information on your site. It demonstrates that your site has recently been scanned for malware and was found to be clean.
If a scan happens to fail, website visitors will not be alerted to any problem. However, SiteLock will send an email alert to the website owner to let them know an issue was detected so that it can be addressed and resolved quickly. The SiteLock Trust Seal will continue to display the date of the last good website scan for 72 hours.
SiteLock is available 24/7 to assist with infections that are detected by the malware scanner to ensure an expedited resolution. For more information on the type of assistance available, please check out the following article:
If the infection remains after 72 hours, the Trust Seal will be removed. Trust Seal can be re-installed onto the website after the infection has been addressed, and a successful scan is completed.
Installing SiteLock Trust Seal
Step 1: Navigate to Your SiteLock Dashboard
To navigate to your SiteLock Dashboard:
- Log into your Customer Portal.
- Click the Hosting tab.
- Click Manage for the hosting package you purchased the SiteLock plan for.
- Click the Manage button on the Sitelock Security tile.
- Click the shield underneath Settings across from the domain for which you wish to manage.
Step 2: Customize Your Trust Seal
- Near the top of the main page of your Dashboard, click the button with the shield shown below:
- These 4 steps help to customize your Trust Seal for the look that best suits your website. When you are finished making changes on each step, click the next button to continue to the next one:
Note: Please note that the Trust Seal cannot be customized further than the options listed below. We will not accommodate any customization requests.
- Choose language. Select which language you want the Trust Seal to display by using the drop-down box. When you are finished making these changes, click the next button to continue.
- Choose color, size, and style. Here you can change the size, color, and style of the Trust Seal. All options you select will update the example Trust Seal on the right. When you are finished making these changes, click the next button to continue.
- Color - You can select from red or white. This will change the color of the small bottom portion of the Trust Seal that says Passed.
- Size - You can select from small, medium, and big. This will change the size of the whole Trust Seal.
- Style - You can select from Secure or Malware Free. This will make the Trust Seal say either Secure or Malware Free. You must have a premium or higher scanner to be able to display Secure. Otherwise, it will always say Malware Free.
- Displaying contact info. Select if you wish to display your contact information to visitors when they click on the Trust Seal. It is not required to display contact information. When you are finished making these changes, click the next button to continue:
Step 3: Install Your Trust Seal
If you are using the SiteLock TrueShield Firewall and CDN, this seal may be installed and displayed with minimal effort:
- After performing the steps above, select the fourth step, and then choose either bottom left, Bottom Center, or bottom right:
If you do not use the SiteLock TrueShield Firewall, we recommend enabling it. The following instructions will assist with turning it on, which will allow you to use the instructions above:
Alternatively, once you reach this step, you will select to install the Trust Seal manually, where you will be provided with the code to insert into your website. If your site uses HTML, you can insert the code directly above the </body> tag at the close of your web page.
After the code is on your website, click the Save Configuration Settings button. Please allow up to 24 hours for your Trust Seal to come online and appear on your website.
If you are not familiar with how to modify the coding of your site, we advise that you enable TrueShield and use this method for displaying the seal.