How to Transfer Files Using WS_FTP
Transferring files between your local machine and a remote server is easy. This video will show you how to do it using WS_FTP.
Moving files and folders can be done in two ways:
- By Clicking, dragging and dropping
- By using the menu and directional buttons.
Click, Drag and Drop
Files and Folders can be transferred from the local machine to a remote server, and vice versa:
- Click to select the item to be moved
- Dragging and drop the item into the desired destination.
Menu and Directional Buttons
An alternative method of transferring items is to use the pathway drop-down menu on either the remote server or local machine side of the screen to locate the directory to which the selected item is to be transferred. Once the directory has been selected:
- Click on the item to be moved to select it.
- Click the green arrow to move the item to/from the appropriate directory.
If planning to move the entire directory, select all the files then click on the green directional button pointing away from the directory.