How to Restore a Backup with Softaculous
There may come a time where you need to restore your website from a backup you created with Softaculous. Softaculous makes this relatively simple to accomplish in a few short steps.
Note: While Softaculous allows you to create backups and restore them, you're limited to only two backups. We recommend using a backup solution like CodeGuard that will enable you to schedule regular backups and provides an even more straightforward restore process.
Restore a Backup
- Log in to your cPanel.
- Scroll down to the Software section.
- Click on the Softaculous Apps Installer icon.
- At the top of the page, click on the Backups box.
- Click on the Restore icon next to the backup you want to use.
- Here you have three options from which to choose. Restore Directory and Restore Database will be checked by default. If you chose Full Backup when you created the backup, you could check the second box for Delete existing files/folders.
- Click the Restore Installation button and then OK on the pop-up to confirm this is the backup you want to restore.
- You will see a status bar until the restore is complete.
- Once the restore has been completed, you will see a message like the one below, letting you know that it was completed successfully.
Congrats! You've restored the backup to your live site.
Did you have to restore because you made a change to the live site that didn't turn out well? Try creating a staging site to test out changes on a copy of your site without risking taking down your production website.