Logging Into WordPress With HostGator
WordPress, being the most popular platform used to create 42% of websites, allows its users to create posts, add pages, use various themes/plugins, manage their shopping cart, and access additional features through its own dashboard. Using your HostGator WordPress login, you can get access to your dashboard and make the necessary updates on your website.
When it comes to logging into WordPress with HostGator, there are 2 options. Here's how.
Option 1: Via wp-admin (Direct Login)
This method allows you to access your dashboard directly using your domain name and WordPress logins. There is no need to log in to your HostGator Customer Portal or cPanel to access the WordPress dashboard.
Visit the WordPress dashboard by launching your browser and going to your domain with /wp-admin at the end.
Format: (Please replace 'domain' with your actual domain name.)
If you installed WordPress to a sub-directory, use your domain followed by a forward-slash, then the sub-directory with /wp-admin at the end.
Format: (Please replace 'domain' with your actual domain name and 'subdirectory' with the actual sub-directory you used during installation.)
Option 2: Via Softaculous
If you initially used Softaculous to install WordPress, we recommend using this method. There is no need for your WordPress logins; however, you will need access to your HostGator cPanel.
To log in to WordPress via Softaculous:
- Log in to your cPanel.
- Look for the Software section, then click the Softaculous Apps Installer.
- On the Softaculous home page, click the Installations box.
- Locate the WordPress site you wish to access, then click its profile icon under the Admin column.
- A new tab will open automatically, logging you into the WordPress dashboard.
Helpful WordPress Resources
- How Do I Point My Existing Domain to HostGator? - Use this article in pointing your domain to HostGator.
- How to Install WordPress With Softaculous - Use this article if you are installing WordPress.
- WordPress Themes vs. WordPress Page Builders: Which Is Right for You? - Find out what option is best for you and the difference between a theme and page builder in WordPress.