How to Log Into WordPress
Logging into WordPress is as simple as visiting your WordPress dashboard URL.
Follow the options below to log into your WordPress's dashboard:
Option 1 - Use the Domain for the WordPress Site
- Main Domain: Visit the WordPress Dashboard URL by going to your domain and adding /wp-admin to the end.
http://example.com/wp-admin(Where 'example.com' is your domain that you've installed WordPress to on HostGator)
- Sub-Directory: If you installed WordPress to a sub-directory, then use your domain followed by a forward-slash and the folder name followed /wp-admin.
http://example.com/blog/wp-admin(Where 'example.com' is your site's domain and '/blog' is whatever sub-directory path you used to install WordPress)
Once the login page loads, you will want to enter your WordPress Username and Password.
Option 2 - Use Softaculous within cPanel to log into your WordPress installation
- Log in to your cPanel and go to Softaculous Apps Installer.
- Click on Installations at the top of the screen if you used Softaculous to install WordPress.
- Find the domain listed for the WordPress installation.
- Click on the person icon under the column heading of Admin for that domain.
- A new tab will open automatically logging you into WordPress.
That's really it; now you know how to login to the WordPress Dashboard where you can install themes, plugins, and write posts and pages, among other things.
- How to Install WordPress With Softaculous - Use this article if you are installing Wordpress.
- How Do I Change My DNS or Name Servers? - Use this article if your domain is not already pointed to HostGator
- HostGator Softaculous Auto-Script Installer - Steps on how to use Softaculous to install a script like WordPress