Announcing Our 2nd Annual Website Scholarship
HostGator’s annual scholarship program aims to help aspiring entrepreneurs pay for their education, while sharing their thoughts and visions for a world shaped by the internet. HostGator itself was founded in a college dorm room back in 2002 (shout out to Florida Atlantic University!), so we’re happy to announce this year’s Website Scholarship program for college students!
Having been in the web hosting industry for over 15 years, we know firsthand how the internet has impacted the business world. Now we want to hear from you how it’s impacted the world of education.
Three individual students will be selected to receive $1,500 in scholarship funds based on their winning essay responses to the question, “How has the internet impacted your education?”
A $1,500 scholarship will be awarded to three individual students who write the most compelling essays as judged by HostGator staff. Scholarship funds must be used to pay for qualified expenses, including tuition, fees, books and on-campus room and board for the 2017-2018 academic year.
How To Enter:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- Your completed 500-word essay response to the question “How has the internet impacted your education?” (Copied and pasted in the body of the email, or attached as a Word or Google doc)
- Your name
- Your college or university
- Your expected year of graduation
- Your intended major or area of study
The deadline for submissions is November 30th, 2017, and winners will be notified individually and announced on or about January 14, 2018.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree or graduate level program at an accredited 2-year college or 4-year university during the 2017-2018 academic year. Students of all majors are encouraged to apply.
- Employees of or immediate family members of employees of HostGator or Endurance International Group are ineligible for this award.
- View Scholarship Program Official Rules.
Digital Rights Agreement:By submitting an entry to this competition, you agree that all essay and content submissions will become the property of HostGator and may be used in marketing materials, reposted or displayed online in whole or partial form without notification.
For more information on HostGator web hosting, please visit our home page.
To learn more about last year’s program and read the winning essays, click here.
Amelia’s areas of expertise include content development and strategy, SEO, and online reputation management. When she’s not helping solopreneurs or SMB owners with their online marketing needs, you can usually find her running around Austin, TX with her dog or blogging about Disneyland.