What does Fully Managed mean?
The HostGator accounts which get fully managed support are:
- Shared webhosting
- Reseller hosting
- VPS hosting if it includes cPanel or Plesk
- Dedicated server purchased online
Fully Managed VPS and Dedicated Servers
Note that updates and maintenance are constantly performed on HostGator's Shared and Reseller servers. However, many of these services are not automatically performed on Managed VPS or Dedicated servers.
cPanel will, by default, update itself and most system packages. (The system kernel is excluded on Dedicated servers, while the node kernel on any VPS is kept up to date by HostGator on the host.)
Some packages may fail to update due to conflicts or other issues. If you would like to ensure these important updates are occurring, please contact us via phone or Live Chat and we will be happy to assist.
Since we're not the sole root users of Managed VPS or Dedicated Servers, we cannot reliably anticipate how these will be configured, and automatic updates to these machines are going to be unpredictable and can often cause more problems than they will solve. For this reason, HostGator will not perform most tasks listed below (including software updates) on Managed VPS or Dedicated Servers without a request from the user.
Note: The above external link will open in a new tab.
What Fully Managed Includes
Fully managed support means that we will do our best to provide assistance with just about any issue or configuration request you may have with your server outside of custom software/script installations (ex: FFmpeg+Mplayer+MEncoder). Some examples of things covered by our fully managed support may include but are not limited to:
- PCI compliance modifications.
- Load problems or sluggishness.
- Network related issues.
- Failure of server to boot.
- Hardware failures
- Package installations via package manager (yum,RPM).
- DNS Configuration
- Troubleshooting script configurations and/or website errors.
- Task automation.
- Firewall setup & troubleshooting.
- E-mail configuration.
- Software upgrades & migrations. (php, MySQL).
- Custom Apache configurations (mod_python, mod_ruby, mod_wsgi)
- Perl/PECL module/extension installations.
- Backup configurations.
- G Suite setups.
- And much more.