Sites with Google
This guide will help you configure your domain to work in conjunction with Google Sites and will provide you with the Google Workspace MX Destinations if you wish to utilize Google as your email host.
Google has created an easy-to-use free-form content creation tool known as Google Sites to help users share information. Click the link below for instructions on how-to configure this service.
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the Domains section of cPanel, click Zone Editor.
- On the next page, locate the domain name you need to configure and click +CNAME Record.
- In the Add a CNAME Record section, enter the word sites.example.com in the Name field and type ghs.googlehosted.com in the CNAME field.
Note: Replace example.com with your actual domain name.
- Click Add CNAME Record. A confirmation prompt will appear indicating that the CNAME was added successfully.
- Click the +Add Record button. Select Add "CNAME" Record enter the necessary details to complete, then click Add Record.
- Once the CNAME record is selected, enter the necessary details to complete, then click Add Record.
- A confirmation prompt will appear indicating that the CNAME was added successfully.
Edit Google Site URL
- Log in to your Google Workspace Dashboard and click on Sites.
- In the top-right corner, click Settings.
- In the Settings window, go to Custom URLs.
- Enter your custom URL.
- Click Assign.
Once this change propagates, you will be able to access your Google Sites page directly through the created subdomain http://sites.yourdomainname.com.
HostGator now offers an easy-to-use What is Google Workspace (Formerly G Suite)? located in the cPanel on Shared hosting plans.
If you do not wish to utilize this plugin, or if you're simply looking to verify the MX Records used by Google Workspace, please toggle the below link.