Sites with Google
This guide will help you configure your domain to work in conjunction with Google Sites, and will provide you with the G Suite MX Destinations if you wish to utilize Google as your email host.
Google has created an easy to use free-form content creation tool known as Google Sites to help users share information. Click the link below for instructions on how to configure this service.
- Log into cPanel.
- In the Domains section, click Simple Zone Editor.
- Select the domain you wish to use with Google Sites from the drop-down menu.
- In the second section titled Add a CNAME Record, enter the word sites in the Name field and type ghs.googlehosted.com in the CNAME field.
Note: Your domain name will automatically populate in the Name field when you click in the CNAME text field.
- Click Add CNAME Record. A confirmation prompt will appear indicating that the CNAME was added successfully.
Edit Google Site URL
- Log into your G Suite Dashboard and click on Sites.
- In the top-right corner, click Settings.
- In the Settings window, go to Custom URLs.
- Enter your custom URL.
- Click Assign.
Once this change propagates, you will be able to access your Google Sites page directly through the created subdomain http://sites.yourdomainname.com.
HostGator now offers an easy to use G Suite plugin located in the cPanel on Shared hosting plans.
If you do not wish to utilize this plugin, or if you're simply looking to verify the MX Records used by G Suite, please toggle the below link.