MySQL Database Search in phpMyAdmin
This article discusses how to run searches through databases in phpMyAdmin with cPanel or Plesk.
How To Run Search in phpMyAdmin
- Log in to your cPanel or Plesk.
Navigate to your control panel and click the phpMyAdmin icon.
- Locate the database you want to search by clicking on the database in the left column.
- Once inside the database, a list of tables will be displayed. Click on the Search tab.
- Using the search box, you can type the keywords you wish to search for. Each keyword is preferably separated by a comma. We will use "admin" as the keyword as an example.
- Select which way you want to search:
- At least one of the words.
- All words.
- The exact phrase.
- As regular expression.
- Select which tables you want to search within. You can select them all, select some of them, or select just one. Hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard while clicking to select more than one table.
- Press the Go button.
- It will now display the results based on the table.
- Click on Browse next to one of the tables to view the results.
The records matching your search will be displayed on the screen, and you can interact with them in a variety of ways, such as copying, editing, or deleting.