New Account Sign Up
Signing up for new services with HostGator is fast and easy! This article will provide a walk through of the typical sign up process. If you have any concerns or questions regarding this process, please contact us for support and assistance.
HostGator offers many different options to fit your hosting needs. The instructions provided in this article are for Shared hosting services, however these steps are applicable to all types of available hosting (Shared, Reseller, VPS, Dedicated, and Windows).
- Click Order Now under the package you wish to sign up for:
- Enter the domain you wish to use as your primary domain:
The domain field will turn green when the domain is available to register, and red when the domain is already taken. If you have registered your domain with another registrar, please select the "I already own this domain" option (this will turn the domain field white).
- Select whether or not to purchase domain privacy for any domains you are registering:
- Confirm that the Package desired is the package selected. Additionally, you can select the billing cycle desired.
Pricing reflects a discount on the first invoice only, any subsequent payments will be at regular price. For additional information on pricing, please refer to the following article:
- Create a cPanel username and Security PIN.
The Security PIN is used to confirm that we are speaking with the account owner in the event that you contact us for support. For additional information concerning the Security PIN, please reference the following article:
- Enter your billing and payment information.
If you enter an email address already associated with a hosting account, a pop-up window will appear asking you to enter your billing credentials. This will add selections made on the order wizard to your already existing billing account. For assistance logging into your billing account, please refer to the following article:
- Review the addons portion and ensure all selected services are desired. Deselect any additional services you do not wish to purchase with your new hosting package, as illustrated below.
- If the you have an alternate coupon code you can remove the default SNAPPY code and type in your coupon code. If the code produces a green checkmark once the validate button is hit, the coupon is valid.
- Review the order to ensure all selections have been made correctly.
Domain RegistrationIf you're a new customer or if you have an existing account, you can easily register new domains at https://register.hostgator.com/.
- Enter the domain you wish to register and select search.
- Once your search has completed, you will see the following image if your domain is found to be available for registration. Click add to cart if you wish to purchase the domain.
You can add other TLDs of your choice if you wish to register them at the same time by selecting the Add To Cart button next to the desired domain.
- Once you have added the domains desired to your cart, you can select the View Cart button to begin the check out process.
- Review the domains in your cart to ensure the spelling is correct.
From this area you can also choose to purchase Domain Privacy Protection. For additional information on this service please refer to the following article:
- You will be prompted for your billing login information, if you do not have a current account click on the New Customer button and enter your Billing Information and select Create Account.