New Account Sign Up
Signing up for new services with HostGator is fast and easy! This article will discuss the typical new user signup processes for the following services:
HostGator offers many different options to fit your hosting needs. The instructions provided in this article are for Shared hosting services. However, these steps apply to all types of available hosting (Shared, Reseller, Managed WordPress, VPS, Dedicated, and Windows).
- Go to hostgator.com.
- Hover over the top menu to select your preferred hosting package.
- Click Buy Now under the package you wish to sign up for.
- Enter the domain you wish to use as your primary domain.
The domain field will turn green when the domain is available to register and red when the domain is already taken. If you have registered your domain with another registrar, please select the I already own this domain tab (this will turn the domain field white).
- At the bottom of the domain name suggestions, you can choose to add or remove Domain Privacy for any domains you are registering. By default, it will add Domain Privacy. Uncheck if you wish to remove it.
- Check your Package Type. Additionally, you can select the Billing Cycle desired.
Pricing reflects a discount on the first invoice only. Any subsequent payments will be at a regular price. For more information on the regular pricing, please refer to the following article:
- Fill out the required fields - email address, password, and Security PIN.
The Security PIN is used to confirm that we are speaking with the account owner if you contact us for support. For additional information concerning the Security PIN, please reference the following article:
- Enter your billing and payment information.
If you enter an email address already associated with a hosting account, a pop-up window will ask you to enter your billing credentials. This will add selections made on the order wizard to your existing billing account. For assistance on logging into your billing account, please refer to the following article:
- Review the hosting addons section and ensure all selected services are desired. Deselect any additional services you do not wish to purchase with your new hosting package, as illustrated below.
- You can remove the default SNAPPY code if you have an alternate coupon code and type in your coupon code. If the code produces a green checkmark once the Validated button is hit, the coupon is valid.
- Check your total amount due.
- Put a checkmark on the Terms of Service, Cancelation Policy, and Privacy Notice if you agree to the terms.
- Once done, click on the Checkout Now! Button.
Congratulations! You are now signed up with HostGator! A Welcome email will be sent to your signup email address with your login credentials to your HostGator Customer Portal.
Registering new domain names is now made easy here at HostGator!
You can register a new domain within your Customer Portal if you're an existing customer. Please check out the article Registering a Domain Name with HostGator for the instructions.
If you're a new customer, follow the instructions below.
- Go to https://www.hostgator.com/domains.
- Enter the domain you wish to register and select Search.
- If the domain is available for registration, it will automatically be added to Your Cart along with Domain Privacy.
You may search for additional domains you wish to register or click the Add To Cart button next to any domain recommendations.
Privacy Protection may be added or removed from your domain by clicking the X or + next to Privacy Protection in Your Cart.We strongly recommend that you keep Domain Privacy to protect your domain's personal and business contact information. Please refer to the article How to Enable Domain Privacy for more details.
Once your selection is complete, check your domain(s) to ensure their correct spelling. Please note that we cannot edit the domain name once it's already registered. You can also remove extra domains or Domain Privacy from Your Cart.
Click on the Continue to Checkout button.
- If you're a new user, you will be prompted to create a new account. Enter your active email address, password, and preferred PIN code, then click Continue.
- Select the Login To Your Account if you already have an existing account.
- Fill out the fields in the Payment Options section for your Billing Information and Payment Method.
- Once done, click Continue to Checkout.
- Check your domain order details in the Your Order Summary section. You may change the billing term from the Term dropdown.
- Once done, click on the Place Your Order button.
Congratulations! Your domain order is now submitted! Emails will be sent to your signup email address with your login credentials to your HostGator Customer Portal and your domain order status.