How to Upload a File Using the File Manager?
You can upload your files directly through cPanel using the File Manager. File Manager is a web interface that allows you to manage all files associated with your account. Take me there.
The following video demonstrates some common tasks that can be accomplished with File Manager, including uploading, renaming, and deleting files.
How to Upload a File Using File Manager
To upload a file through cPanel's File Manager, please do the following:
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the FILES section, click File Manager.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click on Settings.
- Select Web Root, Show Hidden Files, and then click Go.
Note: Web Root will take you directly to the folder in your hosting account that is visible to the world wide web. This is typically the public_html or www folder and is where your website files will need to reside.
- Click to open the folder to which you'd like to upload files.
- Click Upload from the top toolbar.
- Click Browse (some web browsers will have Choose File instead).
- Select the file on your computer that you wish to upload.
- Once the file has been selected, it will automatically upload. You may select additional files while uploads are in progress.
After uploading files to your account, you may wish to share them over the internet. To learn more about finding the shareable URL for your files, please read: