How to Park a Domain on an Addon Domain
How to Park an Addon Domain in cPanel
You can park a domain on an addon domain in cPanel by completing the following steps:
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the Domains section, click Addon Domains.
- Type the domain name you wish to park on top of your addon domain in the New Domain Name field. We will use 'snappygator.com' in this example.
Note: Once you have entered a domain name, the Subdomain and Document Root fields will automatically populate.
- In the Document Root field, erase everything and enter the document root for the addon domain on which you are parking the domain. You can find the document root for the right addon domain in the table under Modify Addon Domain.)
- Click Add Domain.
- Congratulations! Your domain will now be parked on your addon domain!
Domain already exists error
Error from domain wrapper: Domain already exists; it was not added.: example.domain.com
This error can occur when trying to park a domain on an addon domain and could be due to one of two reasons:
- The domain being added has already been added and therefore already exists. To correct this, you will need to delete the domain from your addon domains, parked domains, or subdomains before proceeding.
- The subdomain being created already exists. You can manually change the subdomain when this happens, which cPanel automatically generated for your addon domain.
- For example, if you are trying to park example.com on example.com.au, cPanel will autofill the Subdomain/FTP Username field with the 'example,' which may already exist. Change this value to a new variation, like 'exampleau.'