How To Drop Tables From a Database in phpMyAdmin
This article will demonstrate how to drop (permanently delete) tables from a database in phpMyAdmin. This will delete the table and everything in it.
To drop an entire table from your database:
- Log in to your cPanel or Plesk.
Navigate to your control panel and click the phpMyAdmin icon.
- In the phpMyAdmin homepage, select the database you wish to work with from the list of databases on the left column.
- A list of tables will appear in the left column and the wider right column.
- Put a checkmark on the table(s) you wish to drop (permanently delete).
- Navigate to the dropdown box at the bottom that initially says "With selected."
- Select Drop from the list if you wish the table completely gone. If you want to clear the data in the table and keep its structure, select Empty.
- It will ask you if you really want to drop the table(s). Check to make sure you selected the tables you really want to delete.
- Click on Yes to drop (delete) the table.
Alternatively, you can click the Drop (or Empty) icon alongside the selected tables.
The phpMyAdmin will prompt you to confirm the deletion. Confirm to proceed.
At this point, the table has been dropped from the database, including its data.