How to drop tables from a database in phpMyAdmin
This article will demonstrate how to drop (permanently delete) tables from a database in phpMyAdmin. This will delete the table and everything in it.
Begin by accessing phpMyAdmin via cPanel or Plesk.
- Select the database you wish to work with (from the list of databases on the left column when on the phpMyAdmin home page).
- A list of tables will appear in the left column and in the wider right column.
- Check the table(s) you wish to drop (permanently delete).
- In the drop down box that initially says "With selected:" select "Drop" from this list.
- It will ask you if you really want to drop the table(s). Check to make sure you selected the tables you really want to delete.
- Click on Yes to drop (delete) the table.
At this point, the table has been dropped from the database, including everything that used to be in it.