How to Configure PayPal in WHMCS
This external video tutorial, we will show you how to configure payment gateways in the WHMCS billing software.
WHMCS Configuring PayPal as a Payment Gateway
Part 1: Initial Setup in WHMCS
- Begin by going to the Setup tab on the top menu.
- Hover down to Payments, then click Payment Gateways in WHMCS.
- Select PayPal from the Activate Gateway dropdown list and click Activate.
- Enter your PayPal email address.
- Review the settings for PayPal subscriptions, and enable or disable the options you desire. (For example, you can remove the subscription button so customers can only make one time payments, or do the opposite and force customers to subscribe to reoccurring services and hide the one-time payment button.)
- The API settings are needed for automatic refunds.
- Click Save Changes and copy the IPN URL.
Part 2: Setup in PayPal
- Log into your PayPal account.
- Navigate to Profile, then select Instant Payment Notification Settings.
- Click Choose IPN Settings.
- Paste the URL into the Notification field
- Select Receive IPN Messages (Enabled).
- Click Save.
Part 3: Return to WHMCS to Complete Setup
- Return to WHMCS and navigate to Setup.
- Click Products/Services.
- Click the Edit icon next to a product group.
- Check the PayPal checkbox.
- Finally, click Save Changes.
- Repeat the steps in Part 3 for all your product groups.