How to Change Name Servers with Name.com
Step 1: Find the DNS for your hosting account
The first step is to find out which name servers you should use for your HostGator hosting account; this varies by server and hosting. For instructions on how to find your DNS, please read the following article:
Step 2: Change your DNS
- Sign in to your Name.com account.
- Navigate to the My Domains button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on the domain name you are modifying.
- On the sidebar, click on Manage Nameservers.
- Scroll to the Manage Nameservers under the Nameservers column.
- Click on the Delete all button to clear current nameservers entries.
- Enter the primary nameserver in the field provided and click Add next to it, then repeat for the second
- Click Apply Changes.
A notification will show that your update was applied successfully.
HostGator customers can change their domain DNS within the cPanel interface. For more information, please see the related articles: