How to Change Name Servers with Name.com
While HostGator cannot modify DNS at third party registrars on your behalf, we can provide you with instructions on how to do so. Here's how you can change your DNS at Name.com.
Step 1: Find the DNS for Your Hosting Account
The first step is to find out which name servers you should use for your HostGator hosting account; this varies by server and type of hosting. For instructions on how to find your DNS, please read the following article:
Step 2: Change your DNS
- Sign into your Name.com account.
- Click on the Account icon at the top of the page.
- Click on the domain name you wish to modify.
- On the sidebar, click on Edit Name Servers.
- Click the X next to the old DNS entries to remove them.
- Enter the first name server in the field provided and click Add next to it, then repeat for the second
- Click Apply Changes.
You will receive confirmation indicating that your update was applied successfully.
HostGator customers can change their domain DNS within the cPanel interface. For more information, please see the related articles: