How to Change Name Servers with Name.com
While HostGator cannot modify DNS at third-party registrars on your behalf, we can provide you with instructions on how to do so. Here's how you can change your DNS at Name.com.
Step 1: Find the DNS for Your Hosting Account
The first step is to find out which name servers you should use for your HostGator hosting account; this varies by server and hosting. For instructions on how to find your DNS, please read the following article:
Step 2: Change your DNS
- Sign in to your Name.com account.
- Navigate to the My Domains button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on the domain name you wish to modify.
- On the sidebar, click on Edit Name Servers.
- Scroll to the Manage Nameservers under the Nameservers column.
- Click on the Delete all button to remove current nameservers entries.
- Enter the first name server in the field provided and click Add next to it, then repeat for the second
- Click Apply Changes.
You will receive a confirmation indicating that your update was applied successfully.
HostGator customers can change their domain DNS within the cPanel interface. For more information, please see the related articles: