How to Change Name Servers with Hover
While HostGator cannot modify DNS at third party registrars on your behalf, we can provide you with instructions on how to do so. Here's how you can change your DNS at Hover.
Step 1: Find the DNS for Your Hosting Account
The first step is to find out which name servers you should use for your HostGator hosting account. This varies by server and type of hosting. For instructions on how to find out your name servers, please read the article:
Step 2: Changing Your DNS
- Sign into your Hover account.
- If you have only one domain, it automatically appears as default. If you have more than one, you may need to select the correct domain near the top.
- Click on the Edit button in the Name Servers row.
- Change name server 1 and name server 2 to the DNS for your HostGator hosting account.
- Click Save.
- Wait for your account to update.
HostGator customers can change their domain DNS within the cPanel interface. For more information, please see the related article: