How to Change Name Servers with eNom.com
While HostGator cannot modify DNS at third-party registrars on your behalf, we can provide you with instructions on how to do so. Here's how you can make updates for your domain at eNom.com.
It should be noted that these directions are for domains registered directly through eNom.com's website and will not work if you purchased a domain from one of eNom's resellers. If you ordered your domain through an eNom reseller, you must log in to the reseller's website to modify your domain.
Step 1: Find DNS for your hosting account
The first step would be to find out which name servers you should use for your HostGator hosting account. This varies by server and hosting. For instructions on how to find out your name servers, please read the article:
Step 2: Changing your DNS
- Log in to your eNom account by accessing https://access.enom.com.
- Log in using the domain name and password when purchasing the domain name.
- Use all lowercase letters for the domain, and DO NOT include the www.
- Once logged in, click on the Domains tab, then select My Domains.
- Click the domain name.
- In the Domain Overview, click on DNS Server Settings.
- Select the Custom option for Use Our Name Server.
- Remove any old DNS listed.
- Enter the DNS for your account.
- Click Save.
- You may receive a pop-up warning stating, "If you switch away from our name servers, you will need to add host entries to your third party name server if you want to continue to use our provided services. See the Host Records section for this information." If so, click on the OK button.
You will receive a confirmation indicating that your update was applied successfully.
HostGator customers can change their domain DNS within the cPanel interface. For more information, please see the related article: