Copying and Moving Files in File Manager
To copy or move files in File Manager:
You may find some links below that will redirect you to your cPanel and its features provided that the following conditions are met:
- You are logged into your Customer Portal. You can also log in after clicking the link.
- The hosting package you are attempting to access is either a Shared or Cloud.
- Log into cPanel.
- Under Files, click File Manager.
- In the popup, select Web Root and Show Hidden Files, then click Go.
- Locate and select the files or folders you want to copy or move (hold Ctrl to select multiple items or hold Shift to select a group of items).
- With the appropriate files and folders selected, click Copy or Move File from the top menu. Alternatively, you can right-click on the selected files and folders and click Copy or Move from the menu as pictured below.
- Type in the destination path of your files. You can retain the /public_html and type in / and your folder name if you wish to copy over your file to a directory inside the public_html.
Click Copy File(s) or Move File(s) to place the file to its destination.
Note: The copy and move tools act very similarly. While the Move tool will remove the files from the directory (folder) they are currently in and place them in the new directory, the copy tool will copy the files so that they exist in both the original and new directories.
If you are unfamiliar with the File Manager and would like to learn more about how to use it, please read: