Can I Get Extra Bandwidth and Space?
You will not need extra disk space and bandwidth as we do not limit these for Shared hosting accounts.
Reseller and VPS Accounts
If you need more bandwidth or disk space, you can configure your account through your WHM. Please follow the steps below.
- Log in to WHM.
- In the search box in the upper right corner, type list or list account.
- Click on List Accounts.
- Select the account you wish to upgrade.
- Click the (+) symbol to expand and show the account details.
- Click on the Modify Account button.
- Scroll to Resource Limits.
This section allows you to edit the following settings:
If you need more bandwidth or disk space than our highest plan offers, please purchase a second plan to accommodate your needs, or upgrade to a Dedicated Server.
- Package — Select the hosting plan associated with the account
- Disk Space Quota (MB) — Enter the amount of space for the new account in Megabytes (MB), or you can set it to unlimited.
- Monthly Bandwidth Limit (MB.) — Enter the amount of data that the new account can use each month, in Megabytes (MB), or you can set it to unlimited.
- Max FTP Accounts — Enter the maximum number of FTP accounts that can be created in the account.
- Max Email Accounts — Enter the maximum number of email addresses that can be created in the account.
- Mail Quota per Email Address (MB) —set the email maximum of an email address in Megabytes (MB), or you can set it to unlimited.
Depending on the location of your dedicated server, a SAN may be ordered to achieve more disk space; please understand that this cannot be transferred to another server."
All of HostGator's Dedicated Server plans offer unmetered bandwidth. For more information, please read the following article: