Upgrading or Downgrading Servers
Same Hosting Type - No Server Change Required
No server change is required when you switch plans of the same type, as indicated in the table below.
|Account Type||Switch between Plans||Server Change?|
|Linux Shared||Hatchling, Baby, Business||✘|
|Windows Shared||Personal, Enterprise||✘|
|Reseller||Aluminum, Copper, Silver||✘|
Snappy 2000, Snappy 4000
|Dedicated||Value, Power, Enterprise||✘|
For cases listed above:
- Name servers and IP addresses will NOT need to change.
- SSL and other custom software will NOT need to be reinstalled.
- Site content will NOT need to be transferred.
Of course, if you order a dedicated IP or a new SSL separately, those will change and/or be installed per your request.
New Hosting Type - Server Change Required
Any time you switch types of hosting, a server change will be required. For example:
- If switching between Shared, Reseller, and VPS plans, there is a server change.
- If switching to or away from any Dedicated hosting plan, there is a server change.
- If moving to or away from a Windows Shared plan, there will be a server change.
This means the name servers and IP address will change; SSL and other custom software will need to be reinstalled, and you will need to transfer your site content. These changes cannot be circumvented.
This chart will provide a visual representation of which plans require or don't require a server change when upgrading/downgrading accounts.
✔ - Requires no server change; thus, no content transfer.
✻ - Requires a server change.
Are you considering the price you have to settle for upgrading the services? Check out the article below.