Website Builder - Password Protection
HostGator Website Builder's Password Protection feature will allow you to set up a protected page so that only people with the password will be able to view the page.
To add a password to a page:
- Log in to your Customer Portal.
- If you cannot remember your password, click on the Forgot Password link below the login area, then follow the instructions emailed to the primary email address on file.
- Click the Hosting tab, then Manage under the desired hosting package.
- On the next page, click Manage in the HostGator Website Builder section.
- Click Edit Website to proceed with modifying your website.
- Navigate to the Pages menu, then click Manage Pages.
Alternatively, you can click the menu and select Settings.
- Within the Password settings section, select the checkbox next to Password protect. Enter in the desired password and then hit Save.
- Once the password has been added, a padlock will be added next to the page name.
- HostGator Website Builder - This article will cover the differences between the HostGator Website Builder plans and what each special feature includes.
HostGator Website Builder - Getting Started - This article will walk you through turning on HostGator Website Builder for your domain.
- HostGator Website Builder Tutorials - This article provides a walk-through and video tutorials to help you manage your content within the HostGator Website Builder.