WHM - DNS Entry Already Exists, Delete First from the Servers
Sorry, a DNS entry for domainname.com already exists, please delete it first (from all servers in the dns cluster)
This means that a DNS zone file already exists for this domain. To resolve the issue, please follow the steps listed below.
Step 1: Terminate the Account in WHM
To remove the account from WHM:
- Go to Account Functions > Terminate an Account.
- Select account to terminate.
- In the box, type: I understand this will irrevocably remove all the accounts that have been checked.
- Click Destroy Selected Accounts.
When WHM has completely removed the account, the following confirmation message will appear on the bottom of the screen: All Account Terminations Complete!
In some cases, you may receive an error message like the one listed below:
Step 2: Confirm DNS Entry for the Domain has been Removed
Now, you will want to confirm that the DNS entry has been removed. To do so, go to DNS Functions > Delete a DNS Zone area in WHM. If the domain name is not listed, you can re-attempt the account creation.If the DNS zone is still listed:
- Click on the domain name you wish to remove.
- Click Delete.
- On the next page, click Delete to confirm.
After completing the steps above, you can re-attempt the account creation.