An inode is a data structure used to keep information about a file on your hosting account. The number of inodes indicates the number of files and folders you have. This includes everything on your account, emails, files, folders, anything you store on the server.
Shared and Reseller Hosting Packages
There is currently a limit of 100k/200k inodes on our shared accounts.
What Is the 100k/200k Inode Limit?
Shared and Reseller servers only allow 100,000 inodes per cPanel. This is a soft limit, and you will still be able to upload files when this limit is reached.
However, once the account passes the 100,000 inode threshold, it will no longer be included in our weekly backups. If the account exceeds 200,000 inodes, it will violate our Acceptable Use Policy and may be flagged for review and/or suspension.
Inode violations can include:
- Creation and deletion of large numbers of files regularly.
- Causing file system damage.
- Exceeding 200,000 inodes.
For more information, please refer to our Acceptable Use Policy.
VPS Hosting Packages
Depending on the hosting package, your Inode Limit may vary.
Let us identify first if you are a KVM or Legacy VPS/Dedicated hosting customer.
- These are the VPS accounts purchased after April 13, 2021 (VPS) and Dedicated hosting purchased after November 2020.
- Your Plan ID begins with VH.
- These are the VPS accounts purchased before April 13, 2021 (VPS) and Dedicated hosting purchased before November 2020.
- Your Plan ID begins with VPS.
- Log in to the Customer Portal.
- Navigate to the Hosting tab.
- Click on Manage underneath the primary domain of the hosting plan.
- On the top-left side, you will find the Plan ID below your domain name.
|VPS Plan||Inode Limit|
|KVM VPS||10 million|
|Legacy VPS||1 million|
Reference: VPS Terms of Service
Dedicated Hosting Packages
We do not enforce a specific inode limit on dedicated servers. Since you have root access and exclusive use of the server, you can allocate resources how you feel best, up to the physical limits of the server and file system. However, please note that an excessive number of inodes on any server does negatively affect performance.