How to Customize a Directory with Indexes
Indexes can stop people from seeing a list of all your files in a folder (the Index of/ page that appears when you do not have an index.html file.)
If a directory on a site does not contain an index file, it will, by default, simply list every file in that directory in the visitor's browser. This is not always desirable, and the Indexes allows you to turn this feature off.
To Customize a Directory with Indexes:
- Log into the cPanel. (How to Log into cPanel).
- Scroll down to the Advanced section.
- Click Indexes.
- Select the domain name or subdomain you want to edit from the list of directories.
- To disable directory indexing, change the setting to No Indexing.
To enable directory indexing, change the setting to anything except No Indexing.
- Click Save.
- A confirmation prompt will then appear.