I Changed My MX Record and I Am Not Receiving Any Email at My Mail Server
If you ever send mail from any site on the same server as your site is hosted, your external mail server will not receive the mail. This is because of the mail exchanger, which is normally set to Local. If you have custom MX records pointing to a remote server for your email, you will need to use the Remote Mail Exchanger instead.
Set the Mail Exchanger
- Log in to your Customer Portal.
- Click Hosting from the left-hand menu.
- Locate the package on this page that you wish to update the mail records for, and then click cPanel.
- Navigate to the Email section, then click on the Email Routing icon.
- Once on the Email Routing page, you can select whether to use the Local Mail Exchanger if your MX records are hosted on the current server or select Remote Mail Exchanger for a separate mail router.
Note: For additional assistance in setting an MX record, please see the following article: