How to Set up a Mailing List in cPanel
Click the button below for more information and to get started with Constant Contact today:
You may want to set up a mailing list that allows you to send emails to multiple recipients while keeping each recipient's email address private. Many mailing list scripts are on the internet, but we recommend phpList, which can be installed using HostGator's auto-installer, Softaculous.
Install phpList using Softaculous
- You are logged in to your Customer Portal. You can also log in after clicking the link.
- The hosting package you are attempting to access is either Shared or Cloud.
To install phpList via Softaculous:
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the Software section, click the Softaculous Apps Installer icon.
- On the right-side menu, click the Mails dropdown and select phpList.
- Click Install Now.
- Select the domain on which you'd like phpList installed from the drop-down menu and ensure the directory does not have an existing site CMS installed.
- Select the CRON Job timing if customization is needed, or leave the default settings as they are.
- Enter the Site Name, Admin Username, Admin Password, Real Name, and Admin Email.
- If a specific email is desired, enter details inside the Email installation details box.
- Click Install.
- A confirmation page will appear notifying you of the successful installation. You can access your admin area by going to the Administrative URL.
If Softaculous is available in your account, we strongly encourage you to use this application installer. However, if you still wish to use QuickInstall to install phpList, here are the steps:
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the Software section, click the QuickInstall icon.
- On the left menu, click One-Click Installs.
- On the right side, navigate to the Mail Drop-down and choose phpList.
- Click the Install PHPList button.
- On the next page, fill out the Installation Form with the following information:
- Select the Domain from the dropdown which you'd like phpList installed.
- Enter Admin Email Address
- Enter Organization Name
- Bounce Address Name (One Word) Ex: listbounceback
- Admin Username
- Admin's First and Last Name
- Click Install PhpList
- Once the installation is complete, click on the View Credentials dropdown, and it will show the Login URL and your credentials.
You can always send to extra addresses using BCC, but this can be a hassle when you often have new people to email.
For information on how to use phpList in accordance with HostGator's mail policy, please see the following article: