How to Set up a Mailing List in cPanel
Click the button below for more information and to get started with Constant Contact today:
You may want to set up a mailing list that allows you to send an email to multiple recipients while keeping each recipient's email address private. There are many mailing list scripts on the internet, but we recommend phpList, which can be installed using HostGator's auto-installer, QuickInstall.
To install phpList via QuickInstall:
- Log into cPanel.
- In the Software/Services section, click the QuickInstall icon.
- In the left menu, click One Click Installs.
- On the right side, click the Mail Drop-down and choose phpList.
- Select the domain on which you'd like phpList installed.
- Enter the Organization Name, Bounce Address Name, Admin Username, First and Last Name, and Admin Email.
- Don't forget to tick the Terms of Service Agreement.
- Click Install.
- Once the installation is complete, you can access your admin area by going to:
You can always send to extra addresses using BCC, but this can be a hassle when you often have new people to email.
For information on how to use phpList in accordance with HostGator's mail policy, please see the following article: