How To Reset the Admin Account Password With Softaculous
This article discusses how to change the admin account's password of your script installation, WordPress, for example, using Softaculous.
- You are logged in to your Customer Portal. You can also log in after clicking the link.
- The hosting package you are attempting to access is either Shared or Cloud. The link will only work for the first type of this package listed in the billing account.
- Log in to cPanel.
Under the Software section, click on Softaculous Apps Installer.
- On the Softaculous homepage, click the All Installations icon located at the top menu.
- Locate your website from the list of scripts, then click the Edit icon.
- On the Edit Installation Details page, scroll down to the Admin Account section.
- Enter your admin account's current username in the Admin Username field.
Provide a new password in the Admin Password box.
Once done, scroll down and click the Save Installation Details button.
- A confirmation page will appear. You can now try logging in to your admin account using your new password!