How To Remove an Installation With Softaculous
This article discusses how to remove a script installation with Softaculous. We will use WordPress as an example. We recommend creating a backup of your WordPress website before proceeding with this action.
- You are logged in to your Customer Portal. You can also log in after clicking the link.
- The hosting package you are attempting to access is either Shared or Cloud. The link will only work for the first type of this package listed in the billing account.
If you wish to keep your website files – installation directory, your database, or database user – before removing your script install, you can definitely do so. Before proceeding with the instructions below, make sure to uncheck these three options depending on what you wish to keep.
- Log in to cPanel.
Under the Software section, click on the Softaculous Apps Installer icon.
- Click the Installation box.
- On the next page, a list of your current installation will be displayed.
Locate the WordPress website you wish to remove.
- Click the trash icon.
- You'll get redirected to another page where you can completely remove the installation.
- Click the Remove Installation button to completely delete the WordPress install.
- A pop-up window will appear requesting confirmation. Click OK.
Note: This process is irreversible. Once you click OK, all website contents of your WordPress install will be deleted.
A progress bar will appear. Once the installation is completely removed, a confirmation prompt will appear.
- Click the Return to Overview link to go back to the Softaculous WordPress menu.