How to Quickly Install a Script with Softaculous
This article discusses how to install a script with Softaculous. We will use WordPress installation as an example.
- You are logged in to your Customer Portal. You can also log in after clicking the link.
- The hosting package you are attempting to access is either Shared or Cloud. The link will only work for the first type of this package listed in the billing account.
Log in to cPanel.
- Under the Software section, click on Softaculous Apps Installer.
- Choose your preferred script for your website.
There are two ways to choose a script:
Option 1: Search for the script from the categories on the left-hand menu. Click the type of website you wish to create, then select the script from the expanded list.
Option 2: Click on the script widget. For this example, we will use WordPress.
- Click on the Install tab's dropdown menu, then select Quick Install.
- Fill out the Installation Details form.
Once done filling out the form, click the Install button at the bottom of the page.
- Softaculous will provide website and admin links once the installation is completed.