How to Import WordPress or Apps into Softaculous
This article will show you how to import your installation to Softaculous. We will use WordPress installation as an example.
- You are logged into your Customer Portal. You can also log in after clicking the link.
- The hosting package you are attempting to access is either Shared or Cloud. The link will only work for the first type of this package listed in the billing account.
- Log in to cPanel.
- Under the Software section, click on Softaculous Apps Installer.
- Select the CMS used for your site. (For this example, WordPress is selected).
- Click on the Import tab.
- The screen will show 3 options:
A. Choose Protocol: Select the protocol type that your website is using.
HTTPS: If your site has SSL.
HTTP: If your site doesn't have an SSL.
B. Choose Domain: Choose the domain where the software is currently installed.
C. In Directory: Enter the directory where the software is installed. If you have installed the software in the public_html, you can leave the space blank. If the installation is in a subdirectory, enter the name of the directory where the software is installed. Please see the screenshots below:Software is installed in the public_html.
Software is installed in a subdirectory.
- Click on the Import button. Once done, your software will be imported to Softaculous, where you can manage the backups, staging site, etc., of the installation.