How To Enable SiteLock SMART/PATCH Scan
The SMART/PATCH scan feature of SiteLock runs alongside the SMART scan and can patch any vulnerabilities within your site files, themes, and/or plugins. While this feature gives you more time to manage and make the updates yourself, it is still strongly recommended that you update your website components when newer versions are available.
This article discusses how to enable the SMART/PATCH feature of SiteLock.
Step 1: Launch Your SiteLock Dashboard
- If you purchased the SiteLock service from SiteLock directly, please go to http://sitelock.com/ and click Login in the top right-hand corner. Use the email address you signed up with as the username. You may need to request a password reset if you're unable to sign in.
- If you purchased SiteLock from HostGator, please launch the SiteLock Dashboard via your HostGator Customer Portal.
To launch your SiteLock Dashboard:
- Log in to your Customer Portal.
- Click the Hosting tab.
- Locate the hosting package where you purchased SiteLock, then click its Manage link
- On the SiteLock tile, click Manage.
- On the next page, locate the domain where you wish to manage SiteLock. Click the shield icon under Settings.
Step 2: Configure SMART/PATCH
- On the SiteLock Dashboard, click Settings from the left menu.
- Select SMART/PATCH Settings.
- On the right pane, SMART/PATCH is set to Scan automatically but do not patch by default.
Select Scan and patch automatically from the dropdown.
- Click Save to finalize the setup.