How To Delete a Backup With Softaculous
Backups are very important in a website. If you created a backup using Softaculous but would need to delete an old copy of your backup due to disk space issues, for example, you can do so via the Softaculous application. This article will guide you in deleting your old backup using Softaculous.
- You are logged into your Customer Portal. You can also log in after clicking the link.
- The hosting package you are attempting to access is either Shared or Cloud. The link will only work for the first type of this package listed in the billing account.
- Log in to cPanel.
Look for the Software section, then click on Softaculous Apps Installer.
- Click the Backups and Restore icon located at the top right.
- Locate the backup you wish to delete on the Backups and Restore section.
Please note that deleting an old backup is irreversible so please make sure you select the correct backup.
- To delete the backup, click the trash icon.
- A pop-up window will appear, requesting confirmation. Click OK to proceed.
You have now successfully deleted your backup. To generate a new backup, here is a guide you can refer to: