How to Change Name Servers with Register.com
While HostGator cannot modify DNS at third-party registrars on your behalf, we can provide you with instructions on making the changes. Below are the steps in changing your DNS at Register.com.
Step 1: Check the DNS for Your Hosting Account
The first step is to determine which name servers you should use for your HostGator hosting account, which varies depending on the server and type of hosting. For instructions on how to get your DNS information, please read the following article:
Step 2: Change your DNS
- Log in to your Register.com account.
- Click Account Manager.
- Click on the domain that you are going to update.
- Scroll down and click on the section, Change Where Domain Points.
- Click on Domain Name Server (DNS).
- Under the selected domain name, enter the Nameserver 1 and 2.
- Click Continue when you are done updating the Nameservers.