How to Change Name Servers with Register.com
While HostGator cannot modify DNS at third-party registrars on your behalf, we can provide you with instructions on making the changes. Below are the steps in changing your DNS at Register.com.
Step 1: Find your hosting account information
The first step is to determine which name servers you should use for your HostGator hosting account, depending on the server and hosting. For instructions on how to get your DNS information, please read the following article:
Step 2: Change the name servers
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- On the left side of the page, click Domain names.
- Click on the domain that you are going to update.
- Scroll down to the Advanced Tools section once you are on the domain page.
- Click the Manage button next to the Nameservers (DNS).
- Enter your HostGator name servers, then click Save.