How to Activate Weebly for a Domain or Subdomain
Weebly is unavailable on new Shared (SW) accounts; however, WordPress is an excellent alternative to these builders. The instructions on how to install WordPress are discussed in the article: How to Install WordPress With Softaculous.
To confirm if you are on a new Shared (SW) package, please see this article, How to Tell if You Are on a New or Legacy Hosting Package, for more information.
You can add Weebly to your domains or subdomains on your shared hosting account directly in cPanel. Weebly is not currently available on reseller, VPS, or dedicated servers.
- Log in to the Customer Portal.
- If you cannot remember your password, click on the Forgot Password link below the login area, then follow the instructions emailed to the primary email address on file.
- Click Hosting from the left-hand side menu.
- Locate the hosting package in the listing, and click Manage.
- In the Services section, click Add for Weebly.
- Next, select a domain from the dropdown list where you want to install Weebly.
If you don't see your domain or subdomain on the list, you need to point the domain or subdomain to HostGator and add them to your cPanel. For more information about creating an addon and subdomain, check out these articles: How Do I Create and Remove an Addon Domain? and What is a Subdomain Name & How to Create One?
- Click the Complete Setup button.
- Once Weebly has been set up, a confirmation message will appear on top, notifying you of the successful installation.
Visit our Getting Started Guide for articles and videos on how to build your website with Weebly.