Change Name Servers with Domain.com
While HostGator cannot modify domains at third-party registrars on your behalf, we can provide you with instructions on how to do so. Here is how you can make changes to your domain at Domain.com.
Step 1: Find Your Name Servers
The first step would be to find out which name servers you should use for your HostGator hosting account. This varies by server and type of hosting. For instructions on how to find this information, please read the article:
Step 2: Update Your Domain
- Log in to your Domain Dashboard.
- On the dashboard, you need to select the domain name you wish to modify.
There are two views in the Domains dashboard - the Card and List views. Click on the view icons to switch to your preferred view.
- Select the domain you wish to modify.
In the Card view, click the domain's Manage button.
In the List view, click the domain or its gear icon on the right-hand side.
- On the next page, click DNS & Nameservers on the left-side menu.
- In the DNS & Nameservers section, you will see the current name servers of your domain. Click the three-dots menu, then select Edit.
- Enter the name servers provided by HostGator.
- Click Submit your changes.
Once pointed to HostGator, you can change your domain's DNS records within cPanel. For more information, please see the related article: