WordPress - SEO Plugins
One of the most important aspects of marketing your website is effective SEO management. There is a WordPress plugin for just about everything, and SEO is not the exception. Below we've compiled some great resources to help you find the one that will work best for your site.
Over on our blog, we covered How to Boost SEO on Your WordPress Website. In addition to suggestions on useful WordPress plugins, this post goes into great detail on what SEO is, why you need it, and strategies you can utilize to optimize your site's SEO.
Before adding or activating a new plugin, we recommend making a backup of your WordPress site. For instructions on how to backup your website, we have this guide on How to Generate & Download a Website Backup.
Where to Find SEO Plugins
On the wpbeginner.com blog, they keep an updated article with 14 Best WordPress SEO Plugins and Tools That You Should Use. They do a great job of providing scenarios when it would be best to use each particular plugin or tool.
Going straight to WordPress.org and searching for an SEO plugin is also an option. Here you can see when they were last updated and read reviews so you can select the best plugin for your site.
Installing a New Plugin
You can search for both plugins mentioned above by following the steps here:
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard via http://example.com/wp-admin.php or http://example.com/wp-login.php (replace example.com with your actual domain name).
- From the left navigation menu, click Plugins > Add New.
- Search for the desired plugin and click Search Plugins.
- Click Details to see additional information on the plugin.
- If you wish to install the plugin, you can then select the Install Now button.