WordPress - SEO Plugins
While we do not often recommend the use of plugins, in some cases they are useful. The following plugins are viable alternatives to the All in One SEO Pack.
Before adding or activating a new plugin, we recommend making a backup of your WordPress from within the WordPress dashboard. For instructions on how to backup WordPress, please refer to the following article from WordPress:
About Greg's High Performance SEO Plugin
Greg's High Performance SEO plugin focuses on genuine SEO characteristics, enabling you to optimize your site in each of the following areas:
- Main title
- Head section: description, keywords, robots indexing and following instructions, canonical URLs
- Secondary title (visible in the page body)
- Secondary description (visible in the page body)
- Paged comments and duplicate content
Greg's High Performance SEO plugin has been found to be incompatible with the ShareThis plugin. You can read more about this incompatibility issue in the WordPress Support Forums.
Installing a New Plugin
You can search for both plugins mentioned above by following the steps here:
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard via http://example.com/wp-admin.php or http://example.com/wp-login.php (replace example.com with your actual domain name).
- From the left navigation menu, click Plugins > Add New.
- Search for the desired plugin and click Search Plugins.
- Click Details to see additional information on the plugin.
- If you wish to install the plugin, you can then select the Install Now button.
Configuring the Plugin
You will be able to configure the plugin's settings for your own particular SEO needs by selecting the plugin from the WordPress Dashboard. Once selected, you may refer to the developers instructions directly on how to properly take advantage of the provided features.
For additional information on using Greg's High Performance SEO plugin, please visit the developer's website: