Windows Shared Frequently Asked Questions
Does Each Client Have Their Own Application Pool, or Is It Shared Between Clients?
Every account on the Windows Shared will have its own Application Pool.
- Personal Plan with 1 Domain
- Application using ASP.NET 2.0/3.5 will have its own Application Pool.
- Application using ASP.NET 4.0 will have its own Application Pool.
- Enterprise Plan with 5 Domains
- All domains will share the ASP.NET 4.0 or ASP.NET 2.0/3.5 application pool, dependent on which version of the framework the application is running on.
Do the Applications Run In asp.net Full Trust Security Level?
Yes. Shared servers now support full trust applications.
How Is Excessive Resource Usage Determined?
If an application is using more than 25% of the available system resources, which will include CPU or RAM, SQL utilization (for example, Queries), or mail utilization (sending too many messages out), it will be considered a violation of the TOS and your services may be suspended.
What Are the Memory Limits for Shared Windows Hosting Packages?
The following are the memory limits for Shared Windows hosting packages.
- Enterprise plans - 1 GB
- Personal plans - 250 MB