Windows Shared Frequently Asked Questions - Plesk 10
Does each client have his own application pool, or is it shared between clients?
Every account on the Windows Shared will have their own Application Pool.
- Personal Plan with 1 Domain
- Application using ASP.NET 2.0/3.5 - Will have its own Application Pool
- Application using ASP.NET 4.0 - Will have its own Application Pool
- Enterprise Plan with 5 Domains
- All domains will share the ASP.NET 4.0 or ASP.NET 2.0/3.5 application pool, dependent on which version of the framework the application is running on.
Do the applications run in ASP.NET full trust security level?
No. The applications must be published in Medium Trust in order to run on the Windows Shared Server.
How much resources are assigned to the application pool?
100MB private memory, 25% CPU. If the application is using more than 25% system resources which will include CPU or RAM, SQL utilization (e.g. queries), mail utilization (sending too many messages out ) it will be a violation of TOS.