Widget Browser Updates - Dreamweaver CS5
In Dreamweaver CS5.5, the Widget Browser is included in the installation along with updates to help make use with Dreamweaver smoother. Widget Browser updates include import export options for widget presets and a drag and drop feature that makes embedding widgets quick and easy.
Access the Widget Browser
To access the Widget Browser:
- Go to the Extend Dreamweaver menu in the Dreamweaver application toollbar.
- Select Widget Browser.
Import, Export or Delete Widgets
The Widget Browser now features Delete, Import and Export buttons to help users better manage widgets and widget presets.
Drag and Drop Widgets
CS5.5 allows for the dragging and dropping of widgets directly from the Widgets Browser to the webpage.
To drag and drop a widget onto a page:
- Click on the page (in Design View) to set the cursor where the widget's destination is to be.
- Go to the Widget Browser.
- Click on the widget to configure it.
- Select a preset.
- Go to the Drag and Drop (hand-shaped) icon.
- Drag and drop the icon in the desired location on your page.
For more information on the Widget Browser, please read the following article:
Dreamweaver is a popular Adobe program for creating websites and applications. It supports HTML5, CSS3, PHP, FTP, jQuery and more; and it works with HostGator web hosting.
You can learn more about Dreamweaver by visiting Adobe's website or the video learning portal, Adobe TV. The video in this article is courtesy of Adobe TV.