Why Do I Have to Verify My New Order?
Here at HostGator, we take our customers’ financial security very seriously. We carefully evaluate new accounts and strive to ensure accounts are created by valued customers. Please do not take it personally if you are asked to verify a new account as you may be selected randomly. The ultimate purpose is to protect your financial information and prevent unauthorized charges.
How to Verify a New Account
Reply to the Verification Email
If you have been selected at random to verify your new order, you will receive an email requesting specific information for verification purposes. Please respond back to the email with the requested documentation at your earliest convenience. Our team of specialists will then review your documentation and process your account accordingly.
Documentation Typically Requested
For account verification purposes, customers are typically asked to provide at least one of the following pieces of documentation in their reply email:
- Account owner's government-issued photo ID
- A bank statement showing the original hosting payment, the card owner's name, or the last 4 digits of the card used
The following items are also acceptable alternatives to providing a bank statement:
- A screenshot of the card's account management page showing the URL bar, and two of the three following items: the last four digits of the card number, the credit card owner's name, or the transaction with HostGator.
- An ATM receipt showing the card holder's name (if available) and the last four digits of the card number.
- A receipt for the purchase of the card (If it's prepaid) showing the last four digits of the card number.
- A receipt for adding funds to the card showing your name and the last four digits of your card number.
Please provide us with the information requested above at your earliest convenience to ensure that your account with HostGator is set up as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience that may result from this process.
Some signups may be subject to additional verification to ensure the credit card holder or PayPal account owner has authorized the purchase. This additional verification is done for your protection. If additional verification is necessary, we will contact you via email with further instructions.
If you are contacted to verify your order and we do not hear from you within 48 hours, we will automatically refund your initial payment. We don't want to accidentally keep your money in case you decide not to verify your account. Since we automatically refund your payment, you will need to pay again to activate your account.
You can choose to NOT pay, and we will not activate your account. If your first payment is already returned and you want to pay later, we will be glad to activate your account and start your billing cycle on the day you pay.