Why Do I Have to Verify My New Order?
We carefully evaluate new accounts to determine high-risk orders. Please do not take it personally if you are asked to verify a new account as you may have been selected randomly. Please provide the requested information at your earliest convenience to ensure that your account is set up as soon as possible.
How to Verify a New Account
Verify by Phone Call
In order for us to set up your account, we will need you to call us.
*Overseas customers have the option of using Skype to call us toll-free at +18664010335.
Verify via Ticket
If you are unable to call us, and if a ticket has not already been generated for you, you can instead use Live Chat, and an agent will generate a ticket requesting you to provide at least one of the following pieces of documentation:
- Account owner's government issued photo ID.
- A bank statement showing the original hosting payment, the card owner's name or the last 4 digits of the card used.
The following items are also acceptable alternatives to providing a bank statement:
- A screenshot of the card's account management page showing the URL bar, and two of the three following items: the last four digits of the card number, the credit card owner's name, or the transaction with HostGator.
- An ATM receipt showing the card holder's name (if available) and the last four digits of the card number.
- A receipt for the purchase of the card (If it's prepaid) showing the last four digits of the card number.
- A receipt for adding funds to the card showing your name and the last four digits of your card number.
Please provide us with the above-requested information at your earliest convenience to ensure that your account with HostGator is set up as soon as possible. We are available 24/7, so please feel free to call us at your convenience. We apologize for any inconveniences that may result from this process.
Some signups may be subject to additional verification to ensure the credit card holder or PayPal account owner has authorized the purchase. This additional verification is done for your protection. If additional verification is necessary, we will contact you via email with further instructions.
If you are contacted to verify your order and we do not hear from you within 48 hours, we will automatically refund your initial payment. We don't want to accidentally keep your money in case you decide not to call us to verify. Since we automatically refund your payment, you will need to pay again to activate your account.
You can choose to NOT pay, and we will not activate your account. If your first payment is already returned and you want to pay later, we will be glad to activate your account and start your billing cycle on the day you pay.