Why Do I Have to Send Documentation?
We carefully evaluate new accounts to determine high-risk orders. Please do not take it personally if you are asked to verify a new account as you may have been selected randomly.
For a small percentage of orders, we may ask for additional documentation, such as a scanned copy of your ID or a bank statement. We do this in the interest of preventing credit card fraud and protecting the card holder from unauthorized charges.
If you were specifically requested to provide additional documentation, then your account is not eligible to verify over the phone.
Please provide this information at your earliest convenience to ensure that your account is set up as soon as possible.
How to Send the Required Documentation
You can contact us via phone or Live Chat and have a ticket generated by our Verification department for you to respond to with a scanned copy of the following items:
- Account owner's government issued photo ID.
- A bank statement showing the original hosting payment, the card owner's name or the last 4 digits of the card used.
The following items are also acceptable alternatives to providing a bank statement:
- A screenshot of the card's account management page showing the URL bar, and two of the three following items: the last four digits of the card number, the credit card owner's name, or the transaction with HostGator.
- An ATM receipt showing the card holder's name (if available) and the last four digits of the card number.
- A receipt for the purchase of the card (If it's prepaid) showing the last four digits of the card number.
- A receipt for adding funds to the card showing your name and the last four digits of your card number.
Please provide us with the above-requested information at your earliest convenience to ensure that your account with HostGator is set up as soon as possible. We are available 24/7, so please feel free to call us for additional assistance. We apologize for any inconveniences that may result from this process.
Automatic Refund after 48 Hours
We always refund the initial payment after 48 hours of not being verified. We don't want to accidentally keep your money in case you decide not to call us and verify.
You can choose to NOT pay, and we will not activate your account. Also, your first payment is already returned; so if you want to pay later, we will be glad to activate your account and start your billing cycle on the day you pay.