WHM Transfer Tool
The WHM Transfer tool allows users to transfer a cPanel account and its settings within WHM. This article will give you an overview of how to accomplish this task.
If you want to transfer an account from Plesk, please contact us via phone or Live Chat for further assistance.
How to transfer accounts within WHM
Note: The WHM Transfer Tool is only accessible for VPS and Dedicated Servers only. It is not included in WHM under Reseller hosting.
To complete transferring accounts in WHM:
- Log in to WHM.
- Using the search bar in either the left navigation menu or at the top-right corner, search for Transfer Tool.
- In the Remote Server Information section, fill out the Remote Server Address and Remote SSH Port fields with the necessary information.
- Under Authentication, select the preferred authentication method - via Root or User account.
- Select the Authentication Method. It is preferred to use Password (default).
If you choose:
- Root - Log in using the source's root password.
- User - Log in using the source's username and password. When selecting this method, an additional section called Root Escalation Method is added to the Authentication Method section below.
- su - Requires the root password of the source server you're transferring from.
- sudo - Requires the user on the source server to have 'sudo' (escalated access).
- Click the Show button next to Advanced.
- Unselect Compressed Transfers. Leaving this box checked will increase the time required to complete the transfer and may cause it to fail with large accounts.
Compressed transfers are also likely to fail due to the backup failing to compress properly.
- Click the Fetch Account List button at the bottom page.
- Click the Show button next to Service Configurations, then select the checkbox next to Backups, so the backup configuration is transferred to the new server. We don't want to transfer over the other configurations due to the version differences between Cent5/6 servers.
- Check the top box to select all Packages and Feature Lists on the source server to ensure they are transferred over.
- Check the top box under Accounts to select all accounts on the source server to transfer over; unless only specific users are moved over, click the Copy button.
- You can keep an eye on the page for smaller transfers and then review any warnings/errors/notifications about the transfer at the bottom. You do not need to stay on this page for the transfer to continue.
Note: The transfer log can be viewed at any time by going to Review Transfers and Restores in WHM and clicking the Review link next to the transfer session ID that was started to review the progress.