HostGator offers you a choice in webmail programs. You can pick whichever one you are most familiar with or the one you learn to like over time.
- Horde is a popular choice but does require some configuration to make it behave the way users expect. (For instance, Horde does not use a trash can for your deleted emails.)
- RoundCube is another popular choice. Again, just pick the program you like.
- SquirrelMail is an email program that has been decommissioned by cPanel. You will no longer SquirrelMail as an option for webmail programs.
Don't forget, you can switch webmail programs as much as you like, and you will still see all your emails.
How to Change the Email Program in Your cPanel Email
- Log in to your cPanel email account.
- Click on the dropdown arrow beside your email address,
- Click on the name of the email program you’d like to use (Horde or Roundcube).
How to Use Webmail
To help you become familiar with webmail, feel free to watch the following video:
- How to Access Your Email Through cPanel - This article will discuss how you can access webmail via your cPanel. You will need your cPanel logins to do this.
- How to Log into Webmail - Do you want to log in to your webmail directly? Please visit this article and make sure to have your email account and password ready.
- How to Access Webmail - Plesk - This article will assist you in logging into your webmail in Plesk.