Web Page Stats Outside of cPanel?
Can I make my web statistics public or viewable by another person?
There are two methods for doing this:
A custom installation of Awstats would allow you to view your stats from outside of cPanel. Please click the following link to expand directions for viewing Awstats from outside of cPanel:
To access Awstats outside of cPanel:
- Download the most recent release of Awstats here.
- Extract the contents of the file to your computer.
- Upload the /cgi-bin and /icon directories into the document root of the domain you wish to access your stats from using either File Manager or FTP.
Example: The public_html directory is the document root for your primary domain.
- In the /cgi-bin directory, change the permissions of the awredir.pl and awstats.pl files to 755.
- Download the Awstats configuration file created by cPanel: /tmp/awstats/awstats.example.com.conf.
- Open this file with a text editor, locate the "DirIcons" line, and change it to DirIcons="/icon/".
- Upload the edited file to the /cgi-bin directory.
- You may now access your statistics at http://www.example.com/cgi-bin/awstats.pl?config=example.com
Can I use my own web statistics program?
You may download the Raw Logs and insert those into your 3rd party web stats program.