vBulletin has persistent connections turned on at all times. On our shared hosting, the forums may get very slow because of the 25 MySQL connection limit. This can even cause vBulletin to spit out errors like Too many MySQL connections. There's only one real way to fix this on shared servers since we can't raise the limit.
- Log in to your cPanel.
- In the Files section, click File Manager.
- Look for the config.php file. It will be inside the includes/ folder.
- Edit the file.
- Go down to where you see Master Database Connection.
- Add the following line of code:
- Save the file.
- Persistent connections have been turned off.
- You're done.