Unpublishing or Resetting website
As life changes around you, it's no surprise to us that you may need to take a break from all that online success at times. It's also understandable if you have walked too far down the wrong path with your website and want to start over. While other times, you may feel the need to close down your account completely.
Temporarily Unpublishing Your Website
If you wish to hide your website from the search engines while you make various changes to your website, you can do so by following these steps:
- Once you have logged into your HostGator account, select the three vertical dots known as the Kebab Menu to the bottom right of the selected site and a menu will appear.
- Select Unpublish Your Site.
- Click Confirm.
- After confirming, the site is taken offline immediately and will show as Unpublished.
- When navigating to the unpublished site, a 404 page not found exception is shown.
Note: It may take some time before the site is taken down. If you are still seeing the site 24 hours after unpublishing, we suggest clearing cache and cookies on your browser.
Temporarily Unpublishing Your WebsiteAs you work on your website, testing different elements and settings, you may find yourself reaching a point of no return that requires you to wipe the slate clean. To start over from the beginning:
- Select Edit Site.
- Click the Hamburger Menu button in the upper left-hand corner of your dashboard. (The 3 Horizontal lines)
- Search for, and select: Reset Template.
- Click Reset to confirm and reset the theme and clear out the work you have completed so far.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to Contact Us via phone or chat.