- GATOR WEBSITE BUILDER CONTENT -
You can transfer a domain registered with WIX to your HostGator account by following the steps below.
This article will outline how to get a transfer key, also called an EPP code or authorization code, that you'd need to transfer.
Things to Keep in Mind When Transfering a Domain:You cannot transfer a domain within 60 days after the following events:
- Registering or transferring the domain name
- The registrant contact's organization information is being updated
- The registrant contact's first or last name is being updated (organization is not listed)
- First, verify the contact information is correct. This information may include turning off Privacy Settings to Verify that the administrator and Registrant contact information for the domain is accurate. All emails about the transfer will go to the administrator's email (or registrant's email for some domains).
- Ensure that the domain name is unlocked to complete the transfer.
- Ensure that your new registrar is ready to accept the domain name.
- If you have a third-party Email Service attached to your domain, adjust your MX records with your new domain provider before transferring to prevent an interruption of your email service. You'll keep managing your email subscription through the host you purchased it from.
For more information on Transfers, see ICANN's Transfer Policy:
1. Retrieve Authorization Code
- Go to the My Domains page.
- Note: If you have two or more domains in your account, select the correct domain.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click Transfer away from Wix.
- Click Send Code.
You should receive an email with the authorization code, which you'll need to transfer the domain. The email may not be sent right away, but you may expect to receive it within a day.
2. Submit Request for Transfer
Once you have received the authorization code, also known as the EPP or transfer code, from your current domain's registrar, you will need to email the necessary details below to one of our advisors here: [email protected]
- Domain name:
- Name domain is registered:
- Full address registered to:
- Email address registered to:
- Registered telephone number:
- EPP/Authorization/secret code: