Transferring Away from HostGator
- GATOR WEBSITE BUILDER CONTENT -
You can transfer your domain registered with HostGator to your account by following the simple steps below.
This article will outline how to get a transfer key, also called an EPP code or authorization code, that you'll need to transfer.
Things to Keep in mind when Transferring a Domain:
You cannot transfer a domain within 60 days after the following events:
• Registering or transferring the domain name
• Updating the registrant contact organization
• Updating the registrant contact's first or last name (organization is not listed).
Before You Begin a Transfer:
• First, verify the contact information is correct. This may include turning off Privacy Settings to Verify that the administrator and Registrant contact information for the domain is correct. All emails regarding the transfer will go to the administrator's email (or registrant's email for some domains).
• Ensure that the domain name is not locked, preventing transfer.
• Ensure that your new registrar is ready to accept the domain name.
• If you have a third-party Email Service attached to your domain, adjust your MX records with your new domain provider before transferring to prevent an interruption of your email service. You'll keep managing your email subscription through the host you purchased it from.
For more information on Transfers, see ICANN's Transfer Policy:
From your HostGator account:
- Log in to the Customer Portal.
- Click Domain Name in the left-hand side menu.
- If you have one domain in your account, proceed to step 3.
- If your account has multiple domains, choose the domain you want to transfer, then click Settings.
- Scroll to the Transfer or Move Domain section.
- When the menu appears, click the Domain Locked switch button to turn off the lock and unlock the domain name.
- Click the REQUEST AUTH CODE button to request the domain name's authorization code.
- (OPTIONAL) Modify the nameservers to point to the new name servers in the Name Servers.
In your Customer Portal, the Domain Name is now unlocked. The update may take up to 24 hours to be visible throughout the internet. Your Authorization Code will be emailed to the Primary Contact in three days. You should note this down because you must present it to the new registrant.
Ensure the contact info is up-to-date with the correct email address on the Contacts Info for Registrant, Admin, and Billing. The Admin contact receives the email with the EPP Code and the transfer.
Submit Request for Transfer:
Once you have obtained the authorization code from your current domain registrar, also known as the EPP or transfer code, you will need to email the necessary details below to one of our advisors here: [email protected].
- Domain name:
- Name domain is registered in:
- Full address registered to:
- Email address registered to:
- Registered telephone number:
- EPP/Authorization/secret code:
Completing a Transfer:
Once you've completed the above steps and the status of the domain in the WHOIS shows Pending Transfer, - it will take between 7 and 10 working days to complete the transfer and receive validation from your current domain registrar.