Transferring a Domain to a New Registrar
- GATOR WEBSITE BUILDER CONTENT -
To get started with the process:
- Go to your Domains tab within your account's control panel.
- Choose the Domain Name you would like to transfer.
- OPTIONAL: Update Nameservers or DNS Records to point to a new host. Keep in mind that this will bring down the website and emails within 24-48 hours if they have not already been set up with the new host.
- Click the Transfer tab at the top.
- You will be prompted to Review the Contact Details to ensure your email and other details are up-to-date.
- Once you have reviewed the information, click Prepare domain for transfer at the bottom of the page.
This will do the following:
- Disable domain privacy and theft protection.
- Send an EPP code in an email to the email on file.
- Next, provide the EPP/transfer code to your new registrar.
- Check for emails requesting your approval to transfer the domain name.