When you first upgrade your Gator account to include an eCommerce store, there are several additional features packed inside that aim to help you track and identify the kind of reception your website is receiving. Ideally, these stats will provide the detail that their namesake suggests, insight into your store's performance.
In this article, we will cover how to access the Insights as well as what information is present in the Basic and Advanced tabs.
Finding the Insights
When you first launch your store, you will be met with the setup screen or store progress screens. You will want to finish setting up your store before proceeding.
- To get to the Insights, click on the Store option from the left-hand menu in your website editor.
- If you have fully completed the set-up of your store, insights will display by default on your Store management Home page. You will see the site's Basic Statistics with a map shown for the last 30 days.
- In the Store Home’s Insights, you will see Basic & Advanced tabs at the top of the page.
- The Basic Insight information consists of the following:
- Map of Geographical Visitors
- Number of Orders Received
- Total Revenue Generated
- Advanced Insight information consists of the following:
- New VS. Returning Visitors Stats
- Languages used to access your Site
- Devices used to access your Site
- Types of Browsers used to access your Site
- Traffic Specifics: Unique Visitors, Total Visits, Page Views, Bounce Rate, Average Visit Duration, Page Statistics, and Traffic Sources
- Sales Specifics: Revenue, Orders, Conversion Rate, Average Order Value, Revenue per Visitor, Revenue by Referral, Products, and Top Customers
- Both the Basic and Advanced information areas can be altered to show information from a specified date by selecting the beginning and ending Dates. Once you do this your range of dates will automatically update the info cards to aggregate the data.