The checkout process for customers who come to your Store was intentionally designed to be simple and easy to navigate. Each part of the purchase flow below is organized to gather the necessary information needed for payment capture quickly.
In this article, we will walk through the steps a potential customer would follow if they were going to complete a purchase using PayPal from your Store. If you need help adding a store to your website, check out: How To Add An eCommerce Store.
The Purchase Flow:
- Below, you can see we are looking at a test store page with a few sample products.
- Here, we will select or purchase the test product Sample Mini Cupcake for $2.00.
- You may also notice the My Cart button at the top right corner of your page. This will allow a customer to quickly add products or jump straight into their shopping cart to complete the purchase.
- If the customer would like to add a product directly to the cart, they can also click on Add to Cart from this page.
- When a potential customer clicks on a product, they're directed to the Product Page for that item.
- The Product Page displays the Details, Images, and Description of the product as well as the Add to Cart button.
- This page operates separately from the site and store; however, customers only see the information they were looking for.
- If your product has variants like Size, Color or Variations customers will need to select an option for each variant before they can add it to the cart.
- To learn more about editing the Product Page check out: Edit Your Product Page
- When a Customer selects the Add to Cart option, the cart panel will appear that contains the items in the cart. This will also appear when the shopping cart icon is clicked.
- Here they will be able to adjust the preferences like quantity and remove items from the cart. They can also Continue shopping.
- They can also add any Discount codes.
- To begin the Purchase Flow, a Customer needs to select the Proceed to Checkout button from the Your Cart area.
- A new page will appear to help complete the checkout process beginning with gathering Contact & Shipping information.
- Optional: If customers need to continue shopping they can select the Back To Cart button.
- Next, Customers will be prompted to enter their Billing Address or Use the Same as the Customer info.
- Depending on how you set up the store shipping information, customers will be prompted to select a method for shipping their order. For this example, we will work with the standard shipping method. To learn more about setting up Integrated shipping and Curbside pickup check out: Integrated Shipping and Setting up a Product for Pickup
- Because we have chosen the standard shipping, the customer will not have an option on how it is shipped. This will be added automatically depending on how you have it set up.
- Depending on how you have set up your Payment options the customer may see a screen similar to this with all or only a few of these options.
- If the Customer selects PayPal and is not already logged in, they will be prompted to do so.
- Once inside Paypal, Customers will confirm the purchase and payment method.
- Selecting Pay Now will direct Customers to the PayPal Confirmation Page.
- Customers will be met with a confirmation screen once confirmed.
- And that’s it! As the store owner, you will receive an email notifying you about the new order for your store.